- Passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and English as separate subjects with minimum 50 % marks in English Language at 10th of 12th standard exam.
- Passed three years’ Diploma with 60% marks or four year’s Degree including lateral entry, with 50% marks in Electrical Engineering, Electronics Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Electronics and Telecommunication / Communication Engineering, or Electronics and Instrumentation or equivalent.
- The diploma /degree courses must have been recognized by any State or Central Government or the AICTE.
Fee Structure: ₹4,30,000/-
Not more than 35 years on date of commencement of course.
Merchant Navy is the backbone of international trade, carrying about 90% of the cargo by volume across the globe. Without the merchant navy, much of the import-export business would grind to a halt. Therefore trained personnel are required for various departments of the ship and this widens the scope for employment in this field. Jobs are available with shipping companies in India and other countries.
After completion of the course, students will be placed for on-board training as per DG shipping norms making them eligible to give competency exams.
JOB SCOPE INCLUDES BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Working on merchant vessels carrying various cargo
- Working on specialised vessels carrying oil, LNG and LPG .
- Working in Coastal vessels
Medically fit as per the standards set by M. S. Medical Examination Rules, 2000.
Candidates have to qualify a full eyesight test conducted by the DG Shipping approved medical doctor before being finally selected for the course. Maximum permissible tolerance is + 2.5 on each eye without Colour blindness.