ABOUT THE COURSE:
- 3 -years Residential Degree Course
- Course approved by Directorate General of Shipping, Govt. of India
- First Institution in Gujarat offering B.Sc. Nautical Science course duly approved by DGS, GOI
- Developed in line with Gujarat Maritime Board
- ISO 9001 : 2015 Certified
- Graded A- 1( Outstanding ) by India Register of Shipping in Comprehensive Inspection Program ( CIP)
Students clearing 10 + 2 with more than 60% Marks in PCM (Combined with practical) and minimum 50% marks in English (10th or 12th).
- Admission is being conducted through direct entry as per Directorate General of Shipping guidelines and eligibility norms
INTAKE (SEATS): 40
COURSE FEES: ₹3,40,000/- PER YEAR
Merchant Navy is the backbone of international trade, carrying about 90% of the cargo by volume across the globe. Without the merchant navy, much of the import-export business would grind to a halt. Therefore trained personnel are required for various departments of the ship and this widens the scope for employment in this field. Jobs are available with shipping companies in India and other countries.
After completion of the course, students will be placed for on-board training as per DG shipping norms making them eligible to give competency exams.
JOB SCOPE INCLUDES BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
- Working on merchant vessels carrying various cargo
- Working on specialised vessels carrying oil, LNG and LPG .
- Working in Coastal vessels